Thursday, September 30, 2010

Changing times, changing site, selling art

As time passes so does our approach to whatever we do, hopefully anyway, I sure don't want to be stuck in the past. This blog was my original website, alas I created a new website and this will become a blog about creating my art vs showcasing it.

After recently moving back to the US from living in Dubai, I am at a cross roads, what to do with my life... something tougher to ponder beyond what to make for dinner. I love creating art, but is there a strong enough market for it here in Connecticut. Maybe yes, maybe no, but it would mean I have to come busting out of my shelf and sell my work. Selling your own art isn't like selling a product on a shelf. It's selling a piece of you, which is waaaayyyy harder to do. My inner insecurities always creep to the surface when I think about walking into a gallery with my portfolio. Art lies in the eye of the beholder. I've sold pieces that I've loved and pieces that I thought were crap, because everyone has different taste.

I've already e-mailed/called 3 places about showing my work. Every week I will call or visit more. It will come in time. Here's to today and moving forward!

No comments: